Medical device packaging company DDL is answering industry demand by adding orthopaedic testing to its services (the company previously conducted testing, but capabilities were limited).
The company now has a biaxial tester, which combines tensile and compression with a torque action. In a company release, DDL notes some tests it offers customers:
- ASTM F2193, Standard Specifications and Test Methods for Components Used in the Surgical Fixation of the Spinal Skeletal System
- ASTM F1717, Standard Test Methods for Spinal Implant Constructs in a Vertebrectomy Model
- ASTM F56, Standard Specification and Test Methods for Metallic Bone Staples
- ISO 7206-4, Implants for surgery -- Partial and total hip joint prostheses -- Part 4: Determination of endurance properties and performance of stemmed femoral components
- ISO 14801, Dentistry -- Implants -- Dynamic fatigue test for endosseous dental implants
to post comments